6401 Richards Ave
Santa Fe, NM 87508
Students, faculty, and “GUTS enthusiasts” on bicycles (or not) will converge at Santa Fe Community College at roughly 8:30 am for a celebration of transportation alternatives in general, and a new trail route in particular, in front of the Witter Fitness Center (on the east side of campus). Flyer
The general public is strongly encouraged to participate via bicycle, or by foot, bus, or even motor vehicle in order to join the celebration! Various bicycle convoys to the event are being organized:
- From Rail Trail and Spur Trail: Meet at 8:00 am at the Rabbit Rd. trailhead, or 8:15 at the junction of the Rail Trail and the Spur Trail. Look for Tim Rogers of SFCT.
- From Richards Ave. in town: Meet at 8:00 am on the Arroyo Chamiso Trail at Richards Ave. (w. of fire station). Look for Clemente MacFarlane of Sirius Cycles.
- From Rancho Viejo: Meet at Tathagata Coffee in Rancho Viejo at 8:00, look for Manny Maes of the Trails Alliance of Santa Fe.
A big thanks goes to SFCC and BTI for supporting this event, which include:
- Food and drink provided by SFCC President’s Office
- a FREE PASS to the Fitness Center for anyone who rides a bike to get there
- Maps, demonstrations, and educational materials on cycling provided by BTI
- A special preview visit to bike or walk the new GUTS “demonstration” trail being built by students from The Masters Program to connect east from the Fitness Center to the Spur Trail.
All this will be followed by a “GUTS Study Ride,” leaving the Fitness center at around 9:30 to look at some interesting trail opportunities on the way to Rabbit Rd. All are welcome to participate!
For more information, call or e-mail Tim Rogers.